Aim of the program
The objective of the program is to link research and innovation to entrepreneurship and transition to quality innovative entrepreneurship, to increase domestic value added, to enhance competitiveness, productivity and extroversion of businesses to international markets.
The action concerns the provision of aid for research, technological development and innovation to:
- Individual businesses, regardless of size,
- Groups of businesses, regardless of size,
- Business Partnerships with research organizations and other entities.
Eligible are businesses which operate in selected sectors of the economy, which respond to the conclusions of the Specialization Strategy at national level (RIS3) which are: Materials-Constructions, Tourism, Culture and Creative Industries, Food Industry and Agriculture, Environment and Sustainable Development, Health and Medications, Transportation and Supply Chain, Energy, Information and Communication Technologies, Emerging Technologies.
As a research organization means an entity, such as universities, research center, institute etc , which regardless of their legal status (public or private) or the way it is funded, has as its primary purpose the independent conduct of basic research, industrial research or experimental development or the wide dissemination of the results of these activities with teaching, publishing or transferring knowledge. In the context of this action, different faculties of the same university and different institutes of the same Research Center can be considered as different research entities.
The proposals to be submitted for funding under the framework of the Action, should promote research, technological development, innovation and be part of one of the following three interventions: Research and development of small and medium-sized enterprises, Business partnerships with research organizations, Exploitation of research results.
In the context of their proposals, the potential beneficiaries can create a mix of actions that could be appropriate to their case through a wide range of aiding expenditures covered by the Action from the following categories:
- Classic research and development activities (i.e. fundamental research, industrial research, experimental development, feasibility studies).
- Action which promote innovation (e.g. acquisition / validation / protection of patents, posting of staff from research organizations and dissemination of knowledge).
- Supportive actions (e.g. participation in trade fairs, consultancy services).
1. Staff expenditures
2. Fixed asset expenditures
- Equipment expenditures
- Expenditures for buildings and fields
3. Expenditure on external providers
- Research with contract
- Knowledge and patents
- Consultancy services
4. Additional overheads and other operating expenditures
- Travel costs
- Publicity costs
- Other operating costs
5. Innovation expenditures
- Expenditures on intangible assets
- Expenditures on the posting of highly qualified staff
- Expenditures on innovation services
6. Expenditures on participation in trade exhibitions
Value of Action, Plans and Duration
1. Research and Development of small and medium-sized enterprises:
- 200.000 euros If it is about for one enterprise,
- 350.000 euros If it is about for two enterprises,
- 450.000 euros If it is about for three enterprises,
- 500.000 euros If it’s about for more than three enterprises.
2. Business partnerships with research organizations: 1.000.000 euros.
3. Exploitation of Research Results: 2.000.000 euros.
The amount of the public funding is determined depending on the type of the eligible activity, the size of the business, the aided project etc.
The Public Expenditure budget of the program amounts to 280.000.000 euros and will be implemented through three (3) sections. The budget (Public Expenditure) of the interventions of the first section amounts to 126.000.000 euros.
Application submission period
The starting date for electronic submission of funding applications to the State Aid Information System (www.ependyseis.gr/mis) is set for the first section, on Thursday, March 23, 2017 at 15:00 with a deadline on Wednesday May the 17, 2017 at 16:00.
For the next sections, the start date will be announced with a decision.